I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, July 25, 2026

Make Some Room

From the Slavic Legends Tarot, the Three of Cups; from the Urban Crow Oracle, Play:



When you lose your laugh, you lose your footing. –Ken Kesey

Honestly, when I drew these two cards this morning, I wanted to stuff them back into their respective decks. Lately the people I hang out with only want to talk about "him," the war, the high cost of everything, and other worries or problems. I don't mind, as I do think these things need to be discussed. But I also need to balance this darkness out with light - laughter, fun, and discussions of things that entice me with wonder and curiosity. As Pema Chodron wrote, we need to make room for all of it - not just the bad stuff.

The healing comes from letting there be room for all of this to happen: room for grief, for relief, for misery, for joy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment