From the PetraK Tarot, the Three of Swords; from the Astrodice, Jupiter in Pisces, 4th House:
The Sword suit is double-edged, both a gift and a whammy with its honesty and clarity. Just as we're skipping through life, blissfully unaware of things, a sword gets driven into the ground in front of us. We are forced to wake up to reality, no matter how painful. After several years of disciplined exercise, healthy eating, prescribed supplements and infusions for osteoporosis, my latest tests showed no improvement but a decline. The radiologist said I've got a 50% chance of a hip fracture. I was not prepared for that bit of reality. The Astrodice roll suggests I let compassion and my spiritual path expand my perception instead of panicking. I obviously have some little quirk that is resisting treatment. I am working closely with my doctor, who has ordered some unusual tests (all the usual ones are fine) to see if the cause can be uncovered. She has said there are also injections that might be an option. I have done what I can and will put my fear and disappointment on the shelf as I wait for results and her recommendations. I do not want to squander what is good with worry, but I will not be climbing ladders for a while!


Well that's shit news, Ms Beverly, and as difficult to accept as many other things that are sprung upon these fabulous bodies of ours.
ReplyDeleteI've been getting loads of ads on FB (obviously it's been spying on me somehow) about osteoporosis alternative treatments and how the current ones used by the medical establishment don't work and why. I don't know what to believe anymore.
I will go to my pendulum and see what it tells me.
Your wait and see attitude is as good as any!
xoxox
Kate
It wasn't welcome news, but I'm glad I found out - I'm up and down 8 ft. ladders frequently.
Delete