I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

All Frosting With No Cake

From the Golden Botticelli Tarot, the Magician:
Is this fellow getting ready for a ceremony of some sort? He reminds me of all the robed figures at the Episcopal church I went to last Sunday (I was invited by a priest friend for the Candlemas service). While the sermon itself was interesting and practical, the "bells and whistles" of the rituals left me feeling rather hollow and detached. It was like a few books I've read or seminars I've attended where the subject seemed promising, but at the end I felt like it was all icing and no cake (no real substance). The Magician reminds me that life is about more than just visions and inspirations; he asks us to make our dreams and goals concrete instead of just talking about them.

From the Sacred Geometry Oracle comes the "Hexagram:"
The hexagram is formed by the joining of an upward equilateral triangle with a downward equilateral triangle, suggesting a combination of opposites. Greer emphasizes that such opposition does not always mean you must choose one over the other. Instead there can be a balance between the two - both receiving an equal share of time and attention. I love the creative thought process in which I search for solutions or creative expressions inside myself. But putting them into the real world is another story, and makes me feel vulnerable and incapable. Yet the combination of these two cards remind me that I have the skills for both sides of the coin, and it's time to use them.

2 comments:

  1. This immediately made me think of "The whole is greater than the sum of the parts" So when you merge those two triangles together you will be surprised how wonderful you will feel. I know it is hard to silence the negative self talk but it is worth the effort
    Good luck and hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Ellen. :) In this case the whole is greater - otherwise it's just an intellectual exercise with no "doing."

      Delete