I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Seeing the Light

From the Tarot of the Absurd, the Ace of Coins:
Generally I would interpret the Ace of Coins as dealing with finances or health, but with the meditative posture of the man sitting on top, I'm leaning toward the health end. I know my meditation time in the morning has definitely helped calm and relax me. Even though it may not change the outward challenges and struggles I face, meditation helps me not get caught up in the obsessive insanity that often accompanies them. By maintaining an equilibrium in my emotional and mental health, I do the same for my physical body. Ommmmm...

From the Post Psychedelic Cyberpunk deck comes the "Lighthouse:"
On the edge of the stormy sea, the lighthouse sends out a beam to ships, showing them the rocks to avoid and the passage that is safe. In adding this message to the Ace of Coins above, I am encouraged to be mindful of what my body is and isn't capable of. As I get older, my brain sometimes still expects me to be capable of the physical tasks I did when I was in my thirties. But torn rotator cuffs and other injuries have given me the head slap I needed to make me more aware of my age. A few pieces of new furniture will be delivered today, and some other pieces will have to be moved. I have seen the "light" and will be as careful as possible.

8 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear you will look after yourself even though we will always stay young on the inside. The cards fit well together. Yesterday I've written in my journal (by hand) since my neck feels so much better. Today I regret it for my shoulder and arm are hurting again. What was I thinking.....So back to typing again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I need to remember as I grow older: I don't have to stop doing things and enjoying myself, but I may have to adapt to doing them a bit differently.

      Delete
  2. Yeha, bring on the new, lay aside the old.
    speaking of exercise, you probably know light house lights were originally fuel with wood. I wonder how much lighthouse keepers made in those days and how strong their calves were?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good grief, I had no idea. I wonder how much of a stockpile that required... I don't imagine those old lighthouse keepers would have had to worry about saturated fats and such. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi thesycamoretre! First of all I wish you be well; I admire your constance and discipline with meditation. Many of us, mothers, wives, housewives, generally are in charge of everything at home and in my case I always put myself at the end of the list, and it's wrong. Years goes by and the body isn´t the same as thirty years ago. This beautiful lighthouse in the card will show you the right way. Muchas Estrellas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Las Magus! I think the only reason I can continue to meditate on a regular basis is because I get up really early before everyone else rises. Then the only distraction is the cat! :)

      Delete
  4. Ha, yes, that reminder to take care of our health as we get older is a good one for me to hear, too. Sometimes, I get tempted to add in "power" moves in my workouts, but I always regret when I do. Today, I did some yoga first and stayed mindful during the kickboxing workout I did. So, things get adapted, but at least I don't have to drop them entirely :)

    Hope the new furniture is in, and you're happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good lord, the woman does yoga and kickboxing while pregnant - you put the rest of us to shame NP, lol!

    ReplyDelete