I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, February 3, 2014

Color Within the Lines

From the Golden Botticelli Tarot, the Nine of Wands:
The horse, bird and man are all facing the same direction; their attention isn't divided but on what comes next. I'm sure this fellow would like to get home to his comfy bed and a home-cooked meal, but his dedication and perseverance will make him stand his ground. That's kind of how I feel today after a busier than usual day yesterday. I would like to relax and do something creative, but there are groceries to buy, prescriptions to fill and doctor's appointments to go to. Sometimes you just have to take care of those mundane things on the list before you get to the fun stuff.

From the Sacred Geometry Oracle comes the "Equilateral Triangle:"
The triangle represents sturdiness and security because of its rigid stability (seen in the roofs of houses and the trusses of bridges). The "equilateral" part of it means its sides are all equal in length and its angles are all the same size. This card definitely emphasizes the need to stay centered and structured today without deviating from my to-do list. The sooner I check off those items, the sooner I can have some free time.

5 comments:

  1. I hope everything will go smoothly so you can have the rest of the day "off". I tend to promise myself something I enjoy, to make the todo list items less tedious. It can be as simple as coffee, chocolate and reading in my book as long as I schedule it as the last item on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea - to put it on the list - even if it is at the bottom! :D

      Delete
  2. Hi thesycamoretree!!! Beautiful Tarot!!! Try to have a rest, I agree with the recipe of Ellen :) I like very much the reading you did with the Oracle too! A kiss and Muchas Estrellas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Las Magas! The Bottecelli is a beautiful tarot deck - I just wish the gold foil on the cards would show up in the scans. :)

      Delete