I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Proceed to the Next Phase

This week I'll be using the Deirdre of Sorrows Tarot, created and self-published by Deirdre O'Donoghue. Today's draw is the World:
I occasionally have vivid images that flash through my head when I choose a card, and with this morning's card choice, I thought of a drive-through car wash. I bring my dirty car, pay a fee and begin the process. Water jets, streams of suds and huge rolling brushes assault my car. Eventually the activity stops, and high-powered air vents blow off the water, giving me a clearer vision. Then a green light comes on telling me to proceed with caution out of the car wash. The sign doesn't mean to just go park my car now that it's clean; it's time to move on with the tasks of living. Though I may have completed a spiritual hurdle, I must take my new-found clarity and understanding into the next phase. Resting on my laurels is not an option.

The second deck I'll be using is the Victorian Flower Oracle, published by Magic Realist Press. Its creators are Alex Ukolov and Karen Mahony. This morning's card is "Peach Flower:"
Poor little Peach Flower shivering in the cold, I understand how you feel (I think it's freezing when the temperature drops below 70F). Years ago, if I had drawn a card with the key phrase of "hard times," I would automatically assume my world was going to cave in or the sky was about to fall. Now I see it as a challenge that is going to require a sacrifice on my part - in other words I'm going to have to get off my bum and do some work instead of whimpering while wrapped tightly in my blanket.

2 comments:

  1. Are you serious! A blanket when temp is below 70. I am sitting in my garden and it is 70F here. We have de doors and windows open, sititing outside, walking on flip flops and it feels like Summer!
    I think you would go in hibernation when you would live in my country :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm a wimp when the temperature drops even a little, lol. :)

      Delete