I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, March 3, 2014

Tread Water or Fly

From the Tarot of the Master, the Wheel of Fortune:
Sometimes you're wearing a ribbon in your hair with a steady cash flow, and sometimes you're being run over as if you were a slight bump on the road. At times you're the predator chasing what you desire, and other times you're the prey running from what you fear. Life is full of moments that are pleasant or unpleasant, joyful or sad, optimistic or crushing. No matter what is going on, things will eventually change, moving from one cycle to the next. If I'm smart, I'll learn to appreciate the good times and patiently tread water during the bad, knowing that none of it is personal. All of it forms the pages in a book that I am writing, and those pages never stop turning.

The geomantic figure created today is "Carcer:"
Carcer means "prison," and though the falcon above isn't in a cage, he is tethered to a roost. But just as the Wheel above will eventually turn, he too will gain his freedom when he is loosed for the hunt. Do you think he will refuse to budge, choosing instead to sit and complain about how badly life is treating him? I don't think so. Those precious moments of flight are to be savored rather than wasted, no matter how normal and routine they might be.

2 comments:

  1. I like this post a lot. It encourages me to stop "the poor me" story. Life is what it is and it is not out to get me
    Today the sun is shining and I can ride my bike: I am free!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete