I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Full Attention

From the Tarot of the Hidden Realm, the Ten of Pentacles; from the Heart of Faerie Oracle, the "Juggler:"
This older fellow looks quite happy and content sitting among the standing stones. These stones are a symbol of the stability and security he has built for his family over the years. The companion book suggests these are also grave markers of his ancestors, implying that we inherit much more than tangible items from our kin. I will always be indebted to my Great-grandfather Sutherland, who felt it was important to work hard with your mind (learning) as well as your hands. One of the few treasures he felt necessary to bring with him to the U.S. was his small book collection (what I would give to know what happened to it!). I am encouraged to be grateful for what I've received but also mindful of the legacy I will leave behind.
The Juggler looks like he has little seeds popping off his head. The Frouds explain them as being "unfinished thoughts." He attempts to multitask, and though he may look successful, he leaves much undone. If I'm going to be a good steward of what I have, then I must set priorities. I need to narrow my focus and give my full attention to the issue or task at hand. Otherwise I can expend a lot of energy without accomplishing much. It would be a shame to lose what has been so carefully cultivated.

4 comments:

  1. These popping seeds look a bit like drops of sweat :) No wonder when you want to do everything at the same time. I can so relate to this post today. The man from the Ten of Pentacles has the same demeanor as my king for today.
    This post reminds me to look for the more positive attributes I've inherited. It is so easy to put our (grand)parents down but they are part of who we are today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine definitely had both assets and liabilities, but my best bet is to appreciate what they did right and learn from what they did wrong. :)

      Delete
  2. In an attempt to multitask he leaves much undone...
    great observation.

    ReplyDelete