I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, July 4, 2014

Lighthouse

From the Roots of Asia Tarot, the King of Swords; from the Earth Power Oracle, "Lake Wanaka:"
Were it not for the card title, I might have mistaken this king for Justice. But all the symbols surrounding this king represent the four qualities necessary for him to be a good and beneficial leader. The tree is wisdom and knowledge; the dove is peace of mind; the sword is detachment from results; and the balanced scales are truth and objectivity.
The oracle card is an image of Lake Wanaka in New Zealand. I was impressed by the depth of this lake -  300 m (980 ft) deep. It reminds me that true compassion looks very different from superficial compassion. I need a deep well of equanimity if I am to sit with another's pain, whether it stems from sadness, fear, or anger. Then I can be a lighthouse for them while they manage the rough waves.

4 comments:

  1. To me it seems like this king is a blend between the King of Swords and the King of Cups. He has such a peaceful and comforting feel. It look like these birds are protected by his robe.
    Silent waters run deep: I would love have a more calm state of mind but sometimes they love to push my buttons.:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to get to the point where I had no buttons to get pushed, lol. I think this is the most comforting King of Swords I've ever come across.

      Delete
  2. I certainly see what Ellen means about that King looking like a cross between Swords and Cups! Sounds like you are doing quite a lot of counselling at the moment (whether formally or informally). Wishing you the peace to hold those boundaries with compassion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the nicest looking King of Swords I've seen for sure! And yes, I've been doing a lot of encouraging and listening lately. :)

      Delete