I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Point Made, Move On

This week I'll be using the Hoi Polloi Tarot published by Hoi Polloi Inc. The oracle I'll also use is the I Ching Pack created by Richard Gill and Anthony Clark, and published by Thorsons. Today's draw is the World and "Earth over Lake:"
I don't like to get in the middle of forum firestorms. But I do believe that I have a responsibility to speak up when something is being done or said that is an injustice, or when there is a perversion of truth. So on one particular forum I stated my thoughts - effectively whacking the hornet's nest. Of course there was a stinging reply, one which I felt misunderstood the point I was trying to get across. I posted again, trying to clear things up, then drew my cards for the day. The World suggests my task has been completed and it is time to move on. If I continue to speak out, I am sure it will eventually turn into personal insults rather than attending to the issue. Earth over Lake gives the mental impression of a secluded lake surrounded and protected by mountains. It sounds very serene, but this hexagram's keyword is "approaching," meaning spring is coming and there is other work to do. As the World alluded to, it is time for my attention and energy to be directed elsewhere.

4 comments:

  1. The title of this post says it all. The two card both have that sens of fulfillment: the job is done and taking some time out to acknowledge that in one way or another. It is brave to speak your opinion even though you know the hornets will attack. And so dignified to retreat instead of letting yourself be seduced into an online fight. There are so many more important things to attend to
    Great reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) The reading was the head-slap my ego needed, heehee.

      Delete
  2. I never go back to those threads once I've said my words. I expect to be modded, don't care. Don't care what anyone else thinks about it either :) Life is short.

    ReplyDelete