I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Learning Lessons in the Real World

  From the Granny Jones this morning comes the Page of Buttons (Pentacles):
This little lady, with her stack of books, is often known as "the student."   But just learning about something is not enough; for her, knowledge is only worthwhile when it is useful.  Whatever she reads about, she is going to test to see if it it can be beneficial in the real world.  The "success" flower and the basket of fruit underscore her opinion that theories and strategies are only helpful when they can produce results.  This page asks me to check my actions and attitudes and see if doing or having them are making a difference in my life or the lives of others.  If not, it might be time to prune these dead branches from the tree.

     From the button collection this morning was drawn "Clock - moment:"
"You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."
~ Anonymous
I've made plenty of bad choices in my life, but I can't turn back the clock to change them.  The best I can do is see them as learning explorations to show me what doesn't work well, and then choose not to repeat them.  I'm sure I'll still stumble and slide in the future, but worrying about "what if" will only paralyze me.  Life is meant to be lived, not over-analyzed, and staying in the moment as much as possible is the only way I know to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment