I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, November 11, 2011

Seeking or Running from Truth?

  The card drawn from the Tarot of the Crone this morning is the Priestess:

I speak only Truth.  I speak only Silence.  I speak in a language few understand.
Among a group of standing stones a figure rests, looking much like a stone herself.  Yet the glowing eyes reveal the life within.  As the moon above her wanes, she tells me it is time to be still, to be receptive, and to look within.  The truth is hidden with my Higher Self, and waits patiently for me to put down my demands and my opinions, and just listen.

     From the Transforming Dragons deck today comes the card "Cerbeu:"
This dragon represents ignorance, because she firmly refuses to open her heart or mind to anything new.  Lessons that come her way are ignored; she continues to suffer while blaming her problems on other people.  Sticking my head in the sand (or keeping myself "busy"), may keep me from dealing with situations, but it comes with a high price.  Like Cerbeu in the image above, I miss out on all that is good and beautiful around me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment