I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Changing Trains

From the Deck of the Bastard, the Ten of Swords:
Talk about overkill - how many times do you need to stab a dead man? The Ten of Swords makes me think of the phrase "analysis paralysis," a term for over-thinking a situation so much that a decision is never made or an action never taken. Even the weird hand position seems to be some sort of hand signal, as if he was trying to make one more point. Einstein was once quoted in a newspaper saying, "A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move toward higher levels." Continuing to discuss or mentally deliberate a situation that doesn't change is a good sign I need to change trains. Hopefully the new one will head me in the direction of that sunrise.

From the Marseille Oracle comes "Amends:"
Amends generally mean compensating for any harm caused. While an "I'm sorry" might be appreciated, tangible results are what most people are looking for. "Flogging" myself by saying what a worthless person I am will get no results. As the tarot card above signifies, it's time to think differently and make different choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment