I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, August 12, 2013

This Girl is on Fire

From the Bonefire Tarot, the Ten of Wands:
Where I live, you can't walk more than fifteen feet or so without running into a pine tree. It's not uncommon to see bulges of resin coming out of the bark, and those who've spent time in the woods know these globs are very useful in starting a fire. The resin is saturated in the heartwood and stump of the tree; many farmers have found stumps in their fields over 100 years old. While it might seem like this wood would be great for building, it is extremely flammable and burns very hot. As I look at this woman with her load of pine branches, I see a bonfire just waiting to happen. She needs to take a break from her obligations and projects and enjoy a dip in the healing waters of the river behind her.

From the MentorSpirit deck comes "Communication:"

There is a solution to climbing out of the black hole of being overwhelmed, and it begins with honest communication. I don't know why, but we humans seem to think the people we spend the most time with should be able to read our minds. We expect them to know we need help, and we expect them to know exactly what to do. Unfortunately, all this does is add resentment to the pile of work and worry we already find ourselves under. But the funny thing is, I've never yet had anyone turn me down when I asked for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment