I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Feed the Fire

From the Motherpeace Tarot, the Seven of Wands:
The woman with the headdress makes me think of a foreman of a jury or the chairman of a board. She's trying hard to present her ideas to the others in the group - some of the other women look angry, some bored or apathetic and a few supportive. It's difficult to stand up for what I believe is the best way to do something when I know there is opposition.  But it's also hard to listen respectfully to other perspectives when I'm sure I'm know what I'm talking about.  Every viewpoint is a view from a different point, a different place that may see what I cannot. To be a leader of any kind requires that I learn to listen first, then create a dialogue to come up with the best plan or solution.

From the Toltec Oracle comes "Sholotl:"
Sholotl was the ruler of the Underworld; unlike the Christian hell, this was not a place where a person was sent for punishment. Here a person had all their blind beliefs, all their assumptions and misconceptions burned away.  Bare bones were left to allow the person to build a new world view and understanding without all the baggage they had been carrying. This card is a nudge that I am holding on to ideas that are neither healthy or beneficial. It's time to feed them to the fire and see with a new set of eyes.


2 comments:

  1. I don't see one but the central figure looks like she is standing on a soapbox. They've heard it all before.

    ReplyDelete