I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, May 15, 2015

Expertise

From the Tarot of the Secret Forest, the Five of Swords; from the Faeries' Oracle, "He of the Fiery Sword:"
          A porcupine waddles past a pile of scat that marks the entrance of his burrow. In the animal kingdom, it is a way to mark territory. Since the Swords suit encompasses knowledge, ideas and communication, this card almost shouts, "This is my area of expertise. Don't even think about opening your mouth, because I will prove just how stupid you are." But He of the Fiery Sword shows up to represent the active side of spiritual justice and protection. He would allow everyone the chance to speak and express their ideas, regardless of their education. Why? Because justice based on anger is only revenge; justice based on arrogance is only humiliation. Even the most common person might have something important to say.

4 comments:

  1. Lately I've been trying to keep my big mouth shut, whenever I feel that I have to prove I'm right. Today there has been already so many times I had to quiet down my thoughts; Stop them for assuming judging and "being certain" I am right. Truly listening to what others have to say, without in the meantime trying to come up with clever replies. like the porcupine raising his quills in defense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really hard for me to allow everyone to have their say (including myself), then hush. I can present my evidence, but beating them over the head with it won't change their minds. :)

      Delete
  2. Love your reading of the Secret Forest card! If you argue with me, I poop on what you say ;) For me, one of the things I have to remember is that things I take for granted, other people may never have thought about or experienced. Doesn't make me right, or them wrong, just that our perspectives are totally different...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I once read, every viewpoint is just a view from a different point - depending on location, culture, etc. Just gives a fuller picture when everyone gets to contribute from where they're standing. :)

      Delete