I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Runs with Scissors

From the World Spirit Tarot, the Seer (Page) of Swords; from the Mystic Glyphs, "Hawk:"
           A young woman balances a small sword on the tips of her fingers. Though she has gobs of talent, she's not too skillful in the common sense department. There's a reason that fox hasn't taken its eye off that sword - he might need to move quickly to avoid that sharp blade. This Page/Seer has a vocabulary that rivals Webster's dictionary and radar-like ears to pick up all kinds of information. Yet she hasn't a clue how to use her skills diplomatically or tactfully, and her intellectual arrogance rubs people the wrong way. She fits in perfectly with Hawk, whose beak and talons are made for tearing and ripping its prey apart. This bird is quick and efficient at dispatching its meals. While such an assault might be useful in the world of animal predators, it generally doesn't lead to positive results in the human arena.
You are master of what you say until you utter it, once you deliver it, you are its captive.  
― Ali Ibn Abu-Talib

4 comments:

  1. I am grateful that the phase of the Page of Swords has passed (most of the time) and that I am more like the queen of this suit. This doesn't mean I don't have to be cautious of Page like behavior when I am tired or stressed out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I'm stressed or tired, I can revert back too! I try to put myself in "time out" when I'm like this to save myself from having to make amends later. :)

      Delete
  2. Hazrat Ali speaks with the wisdom of experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. Once the bell is rung, there is no way to unring it!

      Delete