I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Sunlight

From the Tarot of Durer, the Sun; from the Philosopher's Stone, Light:
          A kindly sun shines down on a harbor town where two cherubs hold freshly picked fruit. The phrase on the card reads: "This sign will bring success." The Sun does bring light, warmth and energy, thus giving clarity, life and growth. For me this is a card of radiant joy - feeling full of vitality and confidence while also perceiving and understanding more deeply. But like everything else in this physical world, our time in the sun will be balanced by time in the darkness. Can we maintain a positive but realistic outlook even then? The stone man with his eyes closed and serious expression reminds me of a quote by Bill Wilson: "Hold your face up to the light, even though for the moment you do not see." Faith born of experience rather than simply belief can keep that sun shining within until it rises again.

4 comments:

  1. A life with only sunlight can become quite boring. It is hot and humid here and I am starting to long for Autumn and good long nights of sleep under warm thick covers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the spring and summer months, but even I start looking for some shade this time of year! :)

      Delete
  2. I felt like I have been waiting and waiting and awaiting for this Spring and Summer to arrive. Not exactly sure why just feels this way more so than other Summers, maybe something to do with my age and where I am in my life.

    Today I feel blessed with light and contentment, all that the Sun card brings and represents. I sure know that the sun won't always be shining, but I will embrace the dark in knowing that the sun will always again shine.

    I love the Bill W. quote. <3

    ReplyDelete