I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Not About Owing

From the Margarete Petersen Tarot, the Six of Coins; from the Elemental Dice, Light + Earth (Mountain):
          Earth supports our feet and grants us the resources to live in this physical world. Hands allow us to create, work, love and play. Just as we have a vertical relationship with the Earth, we also have a horizontal relationship with the other beings we share this planet with. What we do with these resources can create balance or imbalance, harmony or discord. Do we feel entitled to hoard or moved to share? Do we use resources prudently and with discernment? The Elemental Dice roll of Mountain suggests a healthy form of stability that grants us equanimity even in the most trying of circumstances. Yet it isn't the security of external things that provide this place of calm abiding; life is far too changeable. However, an open heart and an open mind can create a spacious outlook rather than a narrow view, relieving us of that feeling of constriction. Such a mindset reminds me of a poem by Daniel Ladinsky (inspired by the Sufi poet Hafiz):
Even
After
All this time
The Sun never says to the Earth,
"You owe me."
Look
What happens
With a love like that,
It lights the whole sky.

4 comments:

  1. I have my birth certificate with tiny little feet on it. Did you get one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have footprints too on my hospital certificate. I had forgotten all about that! 😁

      Delete