I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Beginning Within

This week I'll be using the Tarot of the Absurd, created and self-published by Jessica Rose Shanahan. I'll also be using another self-published deck, the Post-psychedelic Cyberpunk by Masha Falkov. The draws for today are the Emperor and Waterfall:


          With his belligerent expression and stabbing finger, I can almost feel the big boot of this Emperor on the back of my neck. He's become overzealous in his law and order tactics and extreme in his attitude. There's no fatherly concern here, only a "my way or the highway" mindset. The Waterfall brought to mind something neuropsychologist Rick Hanson said: “We live life at the lip of a waterfall… our mind is forever trying to grab what has already disappeared over the edge.” Though we might like to put life in a box complete with all our labels and preferences, constant change is the natural state of all things. While this Emperor is busy trying to Gorilla glue his box tightly shut, the bottom has already spilled most of its contents out. Fear generally brings a hostile perspective such as his. The only cure is accepting that he can't control everything, especially change.

You can’t remake the world
Without remaking yourself.
Each new era begins within.
—Ben Okri


2 comments:

  1. while sorting images for my collages and thinking about archetypes, I keep wondering why the Emperor creates such a skin crawling aversion in me. Has there ever been a good emperor? Or does power Always corrupt absolutely?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion, a good leader requires a spouse who is willing to stand up to him and question his ideas and beliefs. Got to have a little salt and pepper. :)

      Delete