I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Seed Check

 From the Anna K Tarot, the Seven of Pentacles; from the Meditation Cards, Drop of Succor:


You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result. 
~ Mahatma Gandhi

          A man pauses to check on what he has planted after preparing the soil. I was talking to a friend the other night who had planted some avocado seeds that were now saplings. She commented that she probably wouldn't be around when they started producing fruit. Yet someone may enjoy her efforts in the future, which is a good reason to make an assessment of what I'm currently nurturing in my own life. It would be helpful to cultivate something wholesome and useful rather than kudzu and briers. The quote for the Succor card comes from Mother Teresa:

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.

We all will leave a legacy for humankind; my focus needs to be on what will be harvested as a result of the seeds my hands are planting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment