I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, February 27, 2021

Slippery When Busy

From the World Spirit Tarot, the Two of Pentacles; from the Mystic Glyphs, Crow:

          This woman balances on a slippery rock with waves lashing at her feet. Her only source of light comes from a lighthouse. Yet she seem confident and focused rather than overwhelmed. The companion booklet states: "Your life is a balancing act between worldly affairs and inner challenges, responsibilities and having fun." Yes, we can multi-task and do it all - but only briefly. Eventually something will get left out or shoved aside or we will collapse with exhaustion. Known for its intelligence and cunning, Crow has been seen as both a messenger and trickster. His message today would likely mirror that of Neil Armstrong: "when you get overconfident, that's when something snaps up and bites you."

On a personal note, I can see myself in this woman. Yesterday I was so busy with multiple tasks that I didn't have a chance to blog. Today I am worn out and ready for a break. Here's one of the more enjoyable tasks I was doing - helping with a Spring display for the library's display case:



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! A small but fun way for me to contribute. :)

      Delete
  2. Your sign reminds me of when I was working in a Portland library and offered to use my salt dips as the display for the month. It was fun! Something different! Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will put books in the display case that feature different kinds of hobbies. Going to Google salt dips...

      Delete
  3. I like that Two of Pentacles, and your art piece. Pretty!
    Sharyn, I have to look up "salt dips" and see what they are.
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This deck has some great cards and some weird ones! And thank you for the compliment. :)

      Delete