I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Allowing Insight

From the Ship of Fools Tarot, the Eight of Coins; from the Wisdom of the Four Winds, Owl:


This fellow works diligently and steadfastly, away from distractions. He's got a job to finish, and quality work depends on not being interrupted every few minutes. He reminds me of trying to wrap a few presents with the cat 'helping' - sitting on the wrapping paper and chasing every ribbon. Our presents will have a bit of pawed and chewed love added to them this holiday. The Owl represents insight, the ability to see clearly and understand what has previously been in darkness. The focus of the craftsman reminds me that insight requires stillness of the mind (as opposed to googling for endless hours in a search of answers), and an open mind willing to accept the wisdom it discovers rather than judge it. What we give up is the preferred explanation we're hoping to find in order to accept what is true.

Nothing is more terrible than activity without insight. ~Thomas Carlyle


2 comments:

  1. I think I sent my ship of fools to Kate in Canada, I hope she enjoys it as much as I did for so many years. Yes, google is a double edged sword.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think seeing yours in action was the reason I ordered mine. :)
      Yes Google is full of information, but a lot of it is pure click bait aimed at the fearful.

      Delete