I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Enchanting Influence

From the Ship of Fools Tarot, the Four of Coins; from the Wisdom of the Four Winds, Glow worm:


I recently had a door-to-door salesman who was selling home security equipment. He was on his game, knowing how to weasel out what might be of interest and what wasn't, and then he zeroed in. I asked questions and he went in circles to avoid answering some and flat out made up answers to others. I waited until he started to run out of selling points then told him I don't buy anything that I haven't done my own research on, especially when there seem to be no downsides. The Four of Coins suggests keeping a check on my "Oh I need one of those!" impulses. The Glow worm, a fungus gnat whose larval stage produces a blue-green bioluminescence, suggests that expectations might be an influence on loosening purse strings ("Oooo... pretty!). Best wait until I'm not under its enchantment.

4 comments:

  1. When young and foolish I let a vacuum cleaner salesman in. He Refused to leave. Scared me, never let another in. Turns out the trick was setting his box out on the stoop and the car would come pick him up. On the other hand I'll bet it was a big day when the country peddler came around with his needles and pans and yardage. Rob passed on going to the glow worm caves ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This young guy wanted to come in and show me something on my computer. No mask and not knowing him = no way. I think I would pass on them too once I figured out the glow is from the goo!

      Delete
  2. As a professional salesperson, I always respected a No. I would take a solid no over a maybe any day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That kind of the salesperson is the one I would want to do business with - the kind that listens!

      Delete