I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, December 20, 2021

Enthusiastic Response

From the Ship of Fools Tarot, the Page of Staves (Wands); from the Wisdom of the Four Winds deck, Wind:

My birthstone is a coffee bean. ~Anonymous

There are some people who jump out of bed, inspired simply by the chance to explore and experience a new day. The Page of Wands is such a fellow; he's so excited and full of energy about the hunt for adventure that the dogs and hares seem unsure who's hunting what. I, unfortunately, rely on a couple cups of coffee to get me up and running. But I have to agree with both this Page and David Vann: "Having something to look forward to changes everything." The Wind card speaks of change, sometimes occurring with subtlety until we see it's effects. Is it possible that we could retain the Page's enthusiasm when change happens, to see it as a new adventure? As Leon Megginson wrote, "'It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."

5 comments:

  1. I'm one of those pages...drives folk crazy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I have a project if some sort, I'm that way too. Always an early riser, though my two cups of coffee help me along. :)

      Delete