I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Avoiding Quakes

From the Fey Tarot, the Seven of Swords; from the I Misteri della Sibilla, Servant (Jack of Clubs):

Most RWS style decks show the Seven of Swords as someone carrying off things that belong to others. This Fey, however, has only one large sword and seems to be blending into the masonry. Together with the Sibilla's Servant card (and the fact that the holidays are upon us), my thoughts go in a different direction than usual. This combination might suggest I could be of better service by keeping some of my opinions to myself, especially when airing them only serve my ego. If someone comments about a great book they finished and it's one I've also read, I don't have to rain on their joy by telling them I would have preferred more character development and less flowery descriptions. As Voltaire wrote: "Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes."

No comments:

Post a Comment