I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

How You Look At It

From the Tarot of the Cat People, the Devil; from the Insectorum Divinorum, Ladybugs (Symbiosis):

The Devil makes me think of the Three Poisons in Buddhism: attachment (craving that is never satisfied), aversion (aggressively trying to avoid anything that causes discomfort or displeasure), and indifference (a 'don't care' attitude that ignores others and often leads to a feeling of restlessness or boredom). They originate as normal human feeling tones - pleasant, unpleasant, neutral - but then we feed them with our thoughts and add emotions to the mix. I recognize myself in those cats with the flattened ears as I count down the minutes to my endodontist appointment this morning. But do I want to be chained to that feeling? The Ladybugs represent symbiosis, an interaction between two different organisms that benefit both (as these beetles eat aphids that harm plants). Their message would be to ask, what happens to this aggressive energy when I stop self-identifying with it? Can I just see the moment as a brief discomfort that can help eliminate a pain that will only get worse? 

No comments:

Post a Comment