I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Getting My Wings

From the Tarot of the Cat People, the Seven of Cups; from the Insectorum Divinorum, the Caterpillar:

Expectations are the shackles that will not permit something to be what it actually is.
― Craig D. Lounsbrough

In my younger years, I've had relationships, jobs, and experiences that might have been truly fulfilling if it weren't for my unrealistic expectations. I assumed these things would make me feel happy, secure and content without much effort on my part. It was as though I expected them to have some sort of power or capability that I lacked. Much like the Caterpillar who fails to become a butterfly, I gave up before the real magic happened, before I realized my own agency. As Rod Stewart sings, "I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger." But I know now, and so I'll be on the lookout for attitudes that will suck the life out of anything that could bring satisfaction and joy. I'm going to work on getting my wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment