I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, March 27, 2023

Release in Joy

From the Buckland Romani Tarot, the Ten of Bolers (Wheels); from the Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards, The Material:

When I go home, its an easy way to be grounded. You learn to realize what truly matters.
—Tony Stewart

I once visited the Habitat for Humanity headquarters; it included a mini village of houses from around the world. No matter what a home looks like, it creates our connections and hopefully provides a refuge. I moved around a lot when I was young, but when I visit my old places of residence, memories come flooding back. There's the old magnolia tree I used to climb, the neighbor's goldfish pond that used to fascinate me, the yards the local kids gathered in for games, and the doorstep of my first kiss. It is age and perspective that help me appreciate them now. The Material implies the resources we have available to sustain our life, though a reminder that they are impermanent. As the companion book states: "Know that all things of the material world are passing. Receive in gratitude and release in joy."

2 comments:

  1. I've heard others say it too, but my childhood home turned out to be so small!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I felt looking at some of the trees I used to climb - they seemed enormous when I was young!

      Delete