I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Spinning Tales

From the Sasuraibito Tarot, the Five of Pentacles; from the SoulCards, Ignorance:

“And I said to my body softly, ‘I want to be your friend.’ It took a long breath and replied, ‘I’ve been waiting my whole life for this.’” ~Nayyirah Waheed

The mind will tell us whatever will enhance and protect the ego; the body never lies. The body's messages are often ignored because they come in the form of twinges, cramps, heaviness, aches and pain. The mind, in ignorance (thinking we can get what we want to the exclusion of what we don't want), will tell us to push on, that we need this, that it takes sacrifice to reach the goal. It's ironic that when things come crashing down, we blame the body. The mind is adept at spinning tales - trust the body.


2 comments:

  1. I've been working at trusting my body and its inner knowing, by using a pendulum to ask it questions whose answers can be verified as truth or not. So far the pendulum and the body's inner knowing is batting 100% true. But it did have a 50% chance of being correct, so I'm still not 100% convinced. I had two other questions and a time frame to see if, avoiding certain specific food ingredients, I would prevent certain specific health events. The end of the experiment draws nigh. It is one thing to believe the body knows what's what; it's another thing (for me) to KNOW the body knows what's what. I hope to shortly get to that place! -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years ago I worked with a pendulum (beginning with show me 'yes,' show me 'no'). I used it over my niece's pregnant belly and asked if she was going to have a girl. It answered 'yes' but she had a boy. Then a few years later she did have a girl!
      I look forward to hearing how your experiment turns out.

      Delete