I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, July 16, 2012

Conservation and Courage

From the Tarot of Dreams, the Four of Coins:
The first word I thought of when I saw this card was "conservation," or protection from loss or harm.  This man holds his box of coins open, though he has a key around his neck to lock it if necessary.  The image doesn't imply that I shouldn't use my energy, time and finances at all, but that I should use them wisely.  It is not a time for impulsiveness, yet neither is it a time for asceticism.  Balance between that "all or nothing" extreme is what will help me maintain my economic security and physical health.

     From the MentorSpirit deck this morning comes "Courage:"

"...even though one sometimes feels a kind of decay, though things go differently from the expected, it is necessary to take heart again and new courage. For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together."
~ Vincent Van Gogh
I am reminded by this card that when outer appearances don't fit my objectives, sometimes I have to just keep putting one foot in front of the other, doing the next right thing.  My motto is "TC" - things change; sometimes that change happens in the situations around me, but more often it happens within myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment