I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Initiation

The tarot deck I'll be using this week is the Tarot of the Secret Forest, created by Lucia Mattioli.  Today's card is the Five of Wands:
SF5W_0001
Here is some serious jousting - fairy style.  The "fives" often deal with conflict, either within myself or with other people.  The Five of Wands card indicates a differing of opinions on the "who, how, when, and where" things should get done.  The irony of this card is that sometimes I get so caught up in making sure my opinion is heard and believed, I lose sight of what I'm trying to accomplish.  These two fellows on their insects are battling high above the forest canopy.  If they would stop fighting for a moment and look down, they might be able to see the whole picture instead of only their small perspective.

     The oracle deck I'll be using this week is the the Faeries' Oracle by Brian Froud with text by Jessica MacBeth.  This morning's draw is the "Singer of Initiation:"
FO9
This fairy greets people at the threshold of a transition.  But like the Greek sphinx who required a traveler to answer its riddle correctly, this being also tests our mettle to see if we are ready for this new change.  Unlike the sphinx, the challenge is not to hurt us, but to make sure we are ready for the sake of our own well-being.  This card notifies me that I have an opportunity to see if I've truly learned the lessons I've been working on, and if I can apply them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment