I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, July 6, 2012

Opposing Points

  From the Swietlistej Drogi Tarot, the Two of Swords:
Two people sit over a book of scriptures, each trying to make their point in an argument.  Do I think one will ever convince the other that his ideas are right?  Doubtful.  We humans tend to wear our opinions like badges - "say it loud, say it proud" is our motto.  Just look at the proliferation of sects and denominations of religions we have.  I don't mind listening to another person's thoughts about something, but I'd prefer not to have their opinion shoved down my throat.  Manners, people, manners...

     From the Mirrors of the Heart comes "Openness:"
What a great image to illustrate this concept.  The light shining above the woman's head and the shining heart on her chest let me know she is open to ideas and her feelings (no prejudgments).  The two birds, one black and one white, tell me that she doesn't see in dualities - all or nothing, black or white.  She sees everything on a continuum, so she doesn't need a lot of labels like good/bad or right/wrong.  Yet her feet are firmly rooted in the earth, so I know she's not going to run off to every new seminar or join the latest group that she hears about.  Just because she's open doesn't mean she leaves her common sense behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment