I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Walking on Rainbows

From the Swietlistej Drogi Tarot, the Fool:

"...the child has not yet become a slave of the expectations of habit... He comes utterly without preconceived opinions... The child perceives the world as it is, without putting more into things than he experiences” ~ Jostein Gaarder
There are days when I am world-weary and days when I delight in wonder.  I wish it were as easy to turn off my expectations and preconceptions as it were a light switch.  In the image above, the snake that sheds its skin and the butterflies that have changed from caterpillars remind me what worlds can open up - how I can be transformed - when I stay in the moment and trust the process.  And while my logic tells me that kid is trying to walk on something that isn't solid, another part of me knows that this chair I'm sitting on isn't either...

     From the Mirrors of the Heart deck comes "Trust:"
When I first saw this card, I didn't like it, but not because it is so simple.  I wanted to understand what I was looking at.  Is it a shadow on a stone?  Is it a figure under a sheet?  I wanted to know, yet I couldn't, as there is no booklet that comes with this deck.  I am a naturally curious person who likes to observe, make notes, analyze, and figure things out.  And if I can't decipher it myself, then surely there must be a book or something on the internet that will inform me...  Trusting in what I can't see or know is a tough one.  But I know it is in that place of unknowing, that place of mystery, where I will find serenity and beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment