I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Take a Breath and Keep Swimming

  From the Tarot of the Secret Forest, the Moon:
SFMoon
Two moth-like beings stare at the full moon as if spellbound.  This card reminds me that there at times when I can come under the influence of certain people, places or things that cause me to act in ways I wouldn't normally behave.  Like a drug, they skew my perceptions and cloud my ability to make discerning choices.  Of course the first task for me is to recognize how my thoughts are being manipulated, then I can work on my emotional sobriety.  When I move out from under their realm of influence, it feels like that first gulp of air after being underwater too long...

     From the Faeries' Oracle comes the "Green Woman:"
FO23
This fairy reminds me that I must grow or die - I cannot stand still.  Complacency, apathy and self-pity are not my friends; they can lead me into a dark tunnel from which I might never emerge.  My life will never be a freshly plowed, fertile field with perfect weather and no stones or weeds to deal with.  The Green Woman teaches me to make the best of what comes my way, with patience and perseverance.  And a quirky sense of humor can't hurt either...

No comments:

Post a Comment