I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lumps of Sugar and Sleep

From the Swietlistej Drogi Tarot, the Queen of Wands:
There's no doubt this woman if full of fire - she's surrounded by it.  The ram's horns over her throne suggest she's used to getting her way, but she doesn't have to butt heads to do it.  She's got plenty of charisma and charm; if she wants to get you to do something, you'll feel like you have your own personal cheerleader and life coach wrapped into one.  The web-like throw on the arm of her throne implies that her business is to knit groups of people together for a common goal.  This queen is wired to follow her passion, but you can be sure she'll have a posse of folks with her for support as she rides out on her quest.  She reminds me that if I want to lead a horse to water, lumps of sugar work much better than a whip.

     From the Mirrors of the Heart Oracle comes "Quiet:"

There are times when I am writing or in the middle of a project, and I hit a brick wall.  I can't seem to find a solution or direction anywhere.  I'm a "let's get it done now" type, so giving things a rest are not in my nature.  But if I will take time out, whether through meditation, a walk outdoors, or a good night's sleep, it seems like the answers pop miraculously in my head.  Letting go to let things in...

No comments:

Post a Comment