I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Balanced Fun

From the Sheridan-Douglas Tarot, the Queen of Swords; from the Pages of Shustah deck, the "Little Fool:"
What's interesting about this Queen of Swords is the way she fades into the background. The ring on her finger and her sword seem to glow against the darker colors. The ring suggests a commitment made, possibly to a husband but more importantly to her kingdom. The sword implies her desire for truth and justice to prevail. This is no ego trip - she deeply believes honesty and fairness form the best foundation to build on.
The Little Fool is a child's toy, and thus represents the innocence of wonder and deep trust. He playfully warns the queen not to be a fun-suck. Yet she's lived long enough to know that while life is full of joyful pleasures, there are times when one needs to be cautious. That little clown only has stuffing in his head after all.

4 comments:

  1. #Stuffing LOL sometimes I wish I had only stuffing in my head. life would be so uncomplicated. No Responsibilities, no nothing....
    But then again No, I 'd rather be that queen who rules fair and just but also with wisdom and compassion learned though life experiences

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No responsibilities does sound tempting, but if I've got no understanding of how my actions produce consequences, it probably wouldn't be very fun!

      Delete
  2. I used to cringe it the word and idea of responsibility or obedience. Argh that was even worse!
    I had very little understanding of what discipline meant and frankly wasn't interested. That was too "grown up" for me! But when I finally did grow up and realized it was a choice of free will, and I could decide if I wanted to be responsible or obedient, and that I was willing to have a discipline that would give me a real freedom, and then have the real fun to really enjoy life.
    No one was telling me I couldn't have fun, that was a figment of my imagination, and I could commit to my own truth and sense of justice.

    I mostly got rid of the stuffing in my head! But sometimes there's still a few bits sticking out my ears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was a young adult, I used to rebel just so I could consider myself a nonconformist. Talk about stuffing between the ears... lol.

      Delete