I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, October 17, 2014

Inspiration for Change

From the Pages of Shustah, the Ace of Batons; from the Pages of Shustah deck, the "Coins:"
The Ace of Batons/Wands show's Mercury's caduceus (not the medical Rod of Asclepius, which has one serpent). Mercury was a messenger and also a god of occupations and commerce. One myth about his staff is that he used it to separate two snakes in combat, and thus it came to be a sign of peace. The action of the Wands suit is, "I create, I do." I am hoping this card points to a peaceful solution for my daughter, who is struggling with choosing a career. Though she has the smarts to do whatever she chooses, she is crippled by ongoing anxiety and a lack of self-confidence. As a parent, I feel helpless (though I have made sure she is getting emotional and medical help). Inspiration and a dose of tenacious courage would be more than welcome right now for both of us.
The Coins suggest an investment that brings about a positive return. This investment does not only apply to the physical, but also the emotional. I have to believe that my love and support (along with that of others) will eventually turn the tide. After all, another term for coins is "change."

4 comments:

  1. I am certain your ongoing love and support has already made a lot of difference and will continue to do so for the rest of her life. I can so relate to the feeling of helplessness as a parent of such a fragile child. It was easier when they were younger and we could chose for them but honestly I don't think now there is anything more you can do than be there for her with every choice she makes
    Wishing you wisdom and patience and sending you loving thoughts
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ellen (I know you do understand what I'm going through); it is easy to feel at fault and hopeless in this situation, so I really appreciate your encouragement and support. You give me hope that things will work out. :)

      Delete
  2. Seems so many young girls and women experience this lack of confidence and anxiety, not unlike so many of us growing up. I attribute much of this to the way society promotes an image that we as women can never measure up to, because it isn't real, and the bar is always on the rise.

    I feel for many of the kids today, because there really is a lot to feel anxious about. At least growing up in the sixties we had high ideals, and thought we were going to some how change the world. It seemed a lot more possible then.

    But you know kids are so resilient. I've seen this so many times with kids that are so troubled, they rise above and overcome with the help of those who believe in them. Your girl will come into her own, not to worry! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have noticed this with other young ladies her age too; I wonder if society is squashing those ideals and possibilities that we held at that age. I think the media/internet hurts more than helps at times. Thank you for positive outlook - I need it!

      Delete