I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Sangha

From the Shining Tribe Tarot, Tradition (Hierophant); from the Animal Tiles, "Eagle:"
       The red stones (the tribe) have created a sacred space; the green pathways represent the physical realm, and the yellow the spiritual realm. Inside is a place where people can gain understanding, find sustenance and feel the safeness of a refuge. This place is much like the Buddhist sangha, a community of people who share the same spiritual goals and offer encouragement and support to each other. As I deal with a boatload of stress right now, I can see how such a supportive community could be of help. Yet I do have structure from the practices in my spiritual toolbox; these I need to rely on for now.
       The Eagle symbol often shows up in my life when I feel shredded on the inside due to situations beyond my control. It always brings me hope by helping me to look at my life from a wider perspective and see through different eyes besides my own. I am not the only one hurting right now, there are thousands of others sitting in my boat too. And while I can't change what is going on in the outside world, I can work on changing what is going on within me.

10 comments:

  1. First a gentle hug (((Bev)))
    I am sorry you have such a lot on your plate right now. I wish we could all gather around you and give you the support you need. Looking at things from a birds view might detach you a bit from the situation without letting it out of you sight
    The rest of the world will be there to worry about when you are stronger. Now you have to take care for yourself.
    Big Hugs
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could let someone else worry and deal with these things, but unfortunately they are my responsibility. I've just got to get my head out of "this is too hard to deal with" and just keep taking one step at a time. I am very grateful for supportive friends like you!

      Delete
    2. That is the only way sometimes: step by step. I do hope it won't take to long though since you are stressed out already
      Isn't their anybody who can help you? Maybe responsibilities can be shared

      Delete
    3. Those who would normally help are part of the group I'm taking care of. :)

      Delete
  2. Did you feel that little tap on your shoulder? That's the angel I sent you to watch over you. (((((hugs))))) Godspeed, my dear friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that was that feeling of comfort that came over me. :) Thank you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about such stress. At least you do have that spiritual toolkit to hand - that's something I was reminded of yesterday, how much poorer and harder my life would be without that spiritual support already built in! May each step make your load a little lighter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerry. :) I was reminded yesterday that I do belong to some "nontraditional" sanghas - one is right here at the blogging community!

      Delete
  5. Looks like the Eagle is also in the Fool card. In First Nations spirituality the Eagle is the most sacred bird because it flys so close to the Sun and is closer to the Creator. Don't forget to reach out to others for strength, pamper yourself, and you do have your ' tribe.' You will get through all this ODAT! Love, prayers that your burden be lessened, and blessings to you Bev. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine; I appreciate any blessings freely given as I walk through each day. :) Yes, that eagle does seem to be following me!

      Delete