I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, October 26, 2012

Sensual Zen

From the Tarot of the Absurd, the Queen of Coins:
When I think of this queen, I imagine her baking bread for an elderly neighbor, creating an inner-city vegetable garden, or building a wheelchair ramp for the local elementary school.  However, as I look at this card, all she seems to be doing is sniffing a flower!  This queen is a doer, but she is very "Zen" about what she does.  Being such a sensual woman, she connects to each moment through all of her senses.  She smells the scent of rosemary as she walks by the bush, feels the velvety petals of the roses that decorate her table, sees the brown katydid in the weeds along the road, tastes the mint that grows by the porch steps, and hears the variety of songs the mockingbird sings.  She reminds me that it's not always about completing tasks - it's about paying attention while doing them.

From the Post-psychedelic Cyberpunk deck comes "the Door:"
Instead of giving a set meaning for this card, Falkov suggests thinking about what type of thoughts or feelings it brings up.  Do I want it to stay shut because I fear something beyond it?  Or do I feel trapped and want to hurry and open it?  Perhaps there is an adventure or opportunity on the other side waiting for me to find it.  Today I'll choose door number three.



No comments:

Post a Comment