I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, November 27, 2014

After the Storm

From the Nigel Jackson Tarot, the Eight of Swords; from the Sabian Symbols, "Leo 16:"
       Not too long ago, I had a thread of truth that I began to weave a story around. The details I added weren't based on evidence or fact, but on assumptions and projections. Eventually I found myself right where this woman is - feeling overwhelmed and helpless with no available choices. I imagine the swords above her head are woven into a similar story. Yet if she can remove those ideas that are based on supposition rather than reality, she will find the one bit of information that is concrete. And both of us can use the sword of truth to make some decisions that will give us direction and purpose.
       Leo 16's visual states: Brilliant sunshine just after a storm. Storms are a perfect symbol for an emotional crisis; after the trouble passes there is relief. Even though there may be limbs and debris to clean up, there is hope because we made it through it. But if I want to get off this emotional merry-go-round (with swords hanging over my head), I need to do something different. Those in between times of peace and sanity can be used to decipher how things got this way by looking carefully at my patterns of thinking and behavior.


4 comments:

  1. most of my disappointments have been based on assumptions and unrealistic expectations. Yet I keep going back to that false cupboard for some more :)
    Pizza here today, home made, too yummy to have more than 3-4 times a year.
    All the best to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, most all my insanity and irrational fears can be traced back to them too. I'll be on the road to visit family, though my husband and daughter will remain here to eat and spend time with my MIL. Pizza (homemade!) sounds delicious - I might need that recipe. ;) Glad you are in my life, my friend.

      Delete
  2. The relief after such an emotional storm, when the blindfold is taken of, is what we have experienced this afternoon. After untangling and discarding all these swords of assumptions and preconceived notions until the essential sword remained, which has brought us back together again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (((Ellen))) it's a shame that it often takes a storm to wash away what covers the real issues for most of us. Glad the sun in shining on your family once again. :)

      Delete