I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, November 24, 2014

Do I Get a Prize?

From the Nigel Jackson Tarot, the Empress; from the Sabian Symbols, "Leo 4:"
       Whatever the Empress creates, nurtures and sustains is done out of love. Logic doesn't inspire her, but beauty, bounty and harmony does. I wasn't too surprised to draw her card today as Thanksgiving makes its approach. Soon I'll be dusting off my Betty Crocker hat (and it has collected a lot of dust), and cooking my contribution for the feast. Does it make rational sense to drive to another city just to sit down and have lunch with relatives? The Empress would tell me to think with my heart and not my head before I answer that.
       The visual for Leo 4 is: A man formally dressed stands near trophies he brought back from a hunting expedition. Okay, I admit it. I'm not fond of stuffed animal heads or hunting for reasons other than food. I chose to use a wildlife photographer for this Sabian Symbol instead. There is something inherent in humans that makes us want to show others what we've accomplished. Even young children are frequently heard to say, "Look at me, look at me!" Now I don't think there's anything wrong with being proud of something you've done well, but we don't always receive those accolades we're looking for from others. The Empress would tell me to love what I've created for its own sake rather than look for any rewards from the people around me.

6 comments:

  1. I agree Bev. This is a healthy attitude to maintain for the coming weeks. It will keep us happy and sane :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're back! :) You've been missed! Hope you had a lovely visit with your mom.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I've missed you too. I did have a lovely time but getting back into the routine is bit difficult :D

      Delete
  2. I much prefer your take on the Leo 4 image, too :) A little like the lojong quote on woley's blog, needing to kill animals and flaunt their dead heads seems a bit too much like needing applause. Your Empress is the perfect antidote to that, creating for the love of self, creation and others.
    I did manage a bit of creativity today, but mostly I was more in the mothering Empress mode. Still, the trophies there are worthwhile, too - hugs and smiles from my boys :D

    ReplyDelete