I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, June 15, 2015

Juggling with an Ax

From the Morgan Greer Tarot, the Two of Pentacles; from the Gods and Titans Oracle, "Ganesha:"
          The boat in the background has its sails filled to capacity as it races along the horizon. I've got a trip planned out of town on Thursday, then we'll have family from New York visiting this weekend. In the middle of this I've been in spring cleaning mode; its been 96F for the past several days, making it too hot for yard work. No wonder this fellow has shown up. I notice his hat feathers are blowing the same way as the boat is moving. No need to fight the headwind when I can use it to propel me instead. I've got to be practical about what needs to be done now, and what can wait for later.
          The Hindu God shows up with an ax in his hand to remove obstacles. I'm wondering if he can help me move the large bags of trash I've accumulated from cleaning. But the booklet says the ax is for destroying pride, inertia and vanity; inertia definitely isn't the problem. It also declares I should "invite in a drama-free life." Ah... now we're getting somewhere. It's easy to let my old friend perfectionism slip in unnoticed when I'm making plans and preparations. He's the one thing that will cause me to lose my balance, my sense of humor and drop the balls I'm juggling. Swing that ax, Ganesha!

7 comments:


  1. EllenJune 15, 2015 at 8:16 AM
    I hope you will have a lovely time with your friends while leaving perfectionism at home in a far away corner. Often miss perfect is the one who prevents me from even starting a project. So a big hooray to you for filling bags of trash and cleaning your house!!!:)
    Ganesha is one of the few male deities I really like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I'll be visiting my mom on Thursday then my eldest stepson and his wife will be in for the weekend.
      It feels good to get rid of some of this clutter!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your juggling, Bev. Funny how many of us have been doing belated 'spring cleaning'. As for Ganesha, he's my favourite male deity, too. Though I think I prefer the mellow, buddha-like depictions: playful rather than aggressive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess he's got to be active at some point in order to remove all those obstacles, lol.

      Delete
  3. You can loose the trash, but whatever you do, don't loose your sense of humour!
    Great post Bev! Oh ...and your balls...don't loose them either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Losing my sense of humor is one of my red flags that I need to stop and reassess things! :)

      Delete