I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Beware of Thistles

From the Deirdre of the Sorrows Tarot, the Eight of Cups; from the Victorian Flower Oracle, "Thistle:"
          A woman walks away from a home with her hand over her heart. Was her husband abusive or unfaithful? It may be a career that she's leaving, realizing that the money isn't worth the all the stress. With the cups lined up alongside the road, it feels as if she is confronting the choices she's made that led her to this point. There's no need for shame though; she's realized there is no joy or fulfillment in this situation and has made the decision to leave. Yet she is headed straight for Thistle, who is given the keyword "threat." When I'm emotionally vulnerable, it's normal to seek comfort and solace. But I must be very cautious at whose feet I lay my tender and hurting heart. Like the thistle, I might be drawn to the colorful flower and fail to see the thorny leaves. Careful attention is necessary, or I could wind up with more wounds than what I started with.

2 comments: