I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, November 13, 2015

LMAO

From the Ferret Tarot, Temperance; from the Nature's Wisdom Oracle, "Sunflower:"
          After a week filled with cards like the Devil, Five of Pentacles, Nine of Swords and Three of Swords, I needed this version of Temperance. The ferrets howling with laughter at the moderation proclamation are exactly how I feel following a stressful week. I think I'm entitled to a lot of something that will make me feel better, not a little. Yet the "nourishment" keyword on Sunflower reminds me the idea is to improve how I feel, not make things worse. Did you know sunflowers can literally pull radiation fallout from the soil? Scientists discovered this at the Chernobyl accident and are currently using them in Japan to clean up the Fukushima site. A sunflower doesn’t really distinguish between those radioactive isotopes and some of the nutrients like potassium and calcium that it takes up normally. They flourish and the soil gets decontaminated (though they have to be harvested before going to seed). There are a lot of "feel better" choices that will ultimately make me feel worse, like drinking or overeating. But binge-watching a comedy series or binge-reading a light-hearted novel might work. And if I get tired of sitting, I can always put on some old music and show off my dance moves.

4 comments:

  1. Some how if you put binge before an activity it sounds so much more indulging!
    So what do you think about binge-meditating, binge-walking or binge-journaling ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are my mainstays. :) When I'm in this head-space I want "fun;" I just have to think long-term so I don't wind up feeling worse than before, lol.

      Delete
  2. Well, if I were in your neck of the woods I'm sure we could come up with something fun ;) Sorry to hear your week was stressful. Hope your weekend is full of laughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet we could! :D I just spent two hours with a woman that completely changed my view of how "stressful" my week was - gave me a whole new perspective after listening to her.

      Delete