I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, August 22, 2016

On the Move

From the Sacred India Tarot, the Page of Staves; from the American Pen Oracle, Jack Kerouac:
          The Ashwini Kumaras were handsome young twins (who also happened to be Vedic gods) of the Rigveda. These golden horsemen were born of a sun god and cloud goddess and were always on the move, as they symbolized sunrise and sunset. They were well known for helping the unfortunate (having a tender regard for the suffering of humanity), though they had a mischievous, playful side as well. These two represent the charming yet restless and Page of Wands. Arya describes this Page as being difficult to pin down, enthusiastic and creative, while always shooting off in a new direction. It would be nice to have this kind of energy and fearlessness, but I'm not sure much progress would be made with such a limited attention span. This assessment is reinforced by the words of Kerouac: I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion. Just because I'm bursting with enthusiasm and have numerous innovative ideas doesn't mean much will come of them (often it does just create more confusion). I've got to settle down enough to get somewhat organized, make a few plans and then prepare to follow through with action.

5 comments:

  1. I would love a dose of that energy. Not so much as I would be bouncing all over the place. Mostly I am like your oracle draw, just staying home with the cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cats occasionally have what I call "cat fits," when they run around the house like they are possessed. :D Sometimes even felines get a jolt of that Page energy I guess!

      Delete
    2. I am sure they do. With nine lives it might be the explosive energy moving from one to the other.

      Delete
  2. Or have a date with the Knight Pentacles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that Knight might slow things down to the speed of sanity. :D

      Delete