I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Rooted Commitments

From the Victoria Regina, the Queen of Coins; from the Alchemist Oracle, 'Sun's Rays:'
          This banner featuring Queen Victoria was displayed during the 1887 Jubilee, a celebration that honored and marked the fiftieth year of her reign. Her reign would eventually last for 63 and a half years, during which the British Empire experienced expansion and many changes - industrial, cultural, political and scientific. Though she officially held little political power, she privately attempted to influence policy and would become known for her strict standards of personal morality. Though she did not mother her own children very well, she became quite enamored with her grandchildren. I've always seen the Queen of Pentacles as a southern live oak tree, with arms extending outward but with roots firmly planted in the earth. The Sun's Rays card reminds me of beams of light coming through clouds after an intense thunderstorm. Yet the animal skull suggests something has died. I would assume it is the ego's influence, as Aletta writes that spiritual commitment has seen one through stormy times. I imagine the queen's roots tap into some sort of spiritual connection too.

4 comments:

  1. I find it very difficult to see her as the Queen of Coins, who is for me such a kind and nurturing presence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had that same difficulty; though when I think of the responsibilities that must have been on her shoulders, I'm more willing to think of her in a kinder light. :)

      Delete
  2. this loong and no more is a good idea for all politicians, born or bred.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing. I don't think this country would still be standing if some of our "illustrious" leaders were given open-ended terms.

      Delete