I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Hiding vs. Awakening

From the Norse Tarot, Judgment; from the Wolf Pack, 'Isolation:'
          During the battle of Ragnorok, many gods and humans died, the sun went dark, and the earth sank into the sea. Afterward, the green earth rose from the waters and the surviving children of the gods and two humans began to build another home. The brave ones that fought were remembered with gratitude. Barrett suggests this card indicates a spiritual awakening that leads to positive changes and improvements. Isolation indicates a desire to hide or retreat due to anxiety, depression or perhaps resentment. Unfortunately, it tends to exacerbate the problem rather than help it. Solitude, on the other hand, has a purpose to seek within and engage in reflection and inventory. One of the greatest awakenings humans can have is to realize how much we are alike on the inside, regardless of our opinions, culture or preferences. We are individual beads on the same cord; life can look very different when we realize our interconnection.

8 comments:

  1. I certainly identify with your interpretation of these beautiful cards Bev regarding hiding vs awakening.

    I've been without a car for three years. Recently and miraculously I was given a vehicle by two very dear friends. I minded their sweet children for two years. I'm so beyond being grateful, as I feel like I have a huge part of my life back!

    But I realized though my isolation was externally imposed, psychologically because of going from no wheels to having wheels, there was a temptation to still stay home and hide, when I certainly don't have to anymore! But I gave myself a kick up the stairs and I'm over that now and am fully awake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your new wheels! I can relate to being alone and then having to pry myself out of the house. We just got a Planet Fitness here ($10 a month!) so I joined. But it was mighty hard to go the first day and the next and be with people I don't know. It is beginning to get easier now though to keep going back. Any pattern of behavior can be tough to break!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Bev! Oh you that's the description prying myself out of the house!

      Wow 10 bucks a month that's a good deal. Enjoy your workouts!

      Delete
    3. Thank you Bev!

      "Pry myself out of the house". Oh you got that description right!

      Ten bucks a month that's a good price! Enjoy your workouts!

      Delete
  2. being an info junkie...I've often wondered how one pair can create a race, so much inbreeding. Maybe that is the knuckle that makess war so easily. Brain short circuits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very similar to Adam and Eve - good thing it's only mythology :). But even from an evolutionary standpoint, I suppose that might have been necessary too...

      Delete
  3. We all bleed red, same type of blood runs through us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. I imagine that hunger, sadness and the Wis for happiness would be the same too.

      Delete