I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

A Love Like That

From the World Spirit Tarot, the Seeker (Knight) of Cups; from the Mystic Glyphs, Family:

Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth, 'You owe me.'
Look what happens with a love like that. It lights the whole sky. ~Hafez

          This Knight of Cups reaches for his chalice; he knows love won't just fall in his lap without doing his part. Love as a verb would challenge us, as do Henri Nouwen's questions: "Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone's face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love? These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will bear many fruits..." The Family card (representing both blood and 'found' families) suggests that we put our petty differences aside because they are insignificant in the big scheme of things. In the words of Thomas Merton, "We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone - we find it with another."

4 comments: