I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Natural Orientation

From the Tarot of the Absurd, the Ace of Coins; from the Post-psychedelic Cyberpunk, the 'Klein Bottle:'
          The Ace of Coins is a reminder of all the physical resources we have, beginning with the body we live in. Money is secondary to what we do with our primary assets. Where there are resources, there are projects and a sense of purpose. Yet these things must be used mindfully; not all of them are renewable or easily replaced. It's a good thing this fellow seems to be wisely considering how to use those in his possession before he begins.
          The Klein Bottle is similar to the Möbius strip in that they are both non-orientable. Basically, this means that if we travel on the surface, our natural orientation such as left and right or up and down get flipped around until they no longer have meaning. When that fellow quits meditating and decides to start using his resources, he might have a linear plan, but life rarely moves in a direct line. If he wants to continue, he will have to learn to adjust and adapt.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting that I find it challenging to concentrate on the black and white images. I noticed it before on a week that you used two decks that were printed in black and white. Wonder what that says about me. Black ink words printed on a page, books, are a source of wonderment for me. Where is the disconnect I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are just a very visual person who appreciates color. :)

      Delete
  2. I don't think I know the mobius theory, but I know it when I have it...my mowing the lawn headband ;) Takes me forever to get it to sit flat on my forehead, now I know why.
    Not even finished with my coffee and I've learned something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That why I keep plugged into the blogs of my buddies - I'm always learning something new or seeing from a different perspective. :)

      Delete